Danish Estates: W. O. Larsen Straight Grain Smooth Bent Bulldog (1) (9mm)
Product Number: 004-001-5873
A long list of great carvers made pipes at W.O. Larsen, from Sixten to Former, to Teddy Knudsen and Jess Chonowitsch. So who made this one? I couldn't say. It's proportions and firmness had me thinking Former at first, but the flow and posture suggest Chonowitsch is more likely - or failing that, someone who was taking inspiration from Jess. Even if it is only the latter, whoever they were, they did a fine job of it.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
MADE IN DENMARK
Condition: 4.7/5 Minor rim darkening, plus a few tooth marks.
- Length: 5.35 in./135.89 mm.
- Weight: 1.90 oz./53.86 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.96 in./49.78 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.55 in./39.37 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.84 in./21.34 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.91 in./48.51 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: 9mm
- Shape: Bent Bulldog
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark