Danish Estates: Stanwell de Luxe (08)
Product Number: 004-001-5793
The laundry list of Danish masters and skilled artisans that have designed pipes for Stanwell over the years runs a mile long, big names including all three Ivarssons, Jess Chonowitsch, Tom Eltang, and Lasse Skovgaard. Now, whether it was a famous carver/designer (Eric's guess was Sixten or possibly Paul Nielsen) who came up witht his shape or not, one thing is for sure: this is a rare piece. The "08" was probably never really intended for the North American market, and we've seen very, very few of them.
Measurements & Other Details
MADE IN DENMARK
Condition: 4.7/5 Rim darkening.
- Length: 5.37 in./136.40 mm.
- Weight: 1.80 oz./51.03 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.78 in./45.21 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.54 in./39.12 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.73 in./18.54 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.67 in./42.42 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Apple
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark