Danish Estates: Bari Matador Partially Sandblasted Freehand
Product Number: 004-001-5999
At one point this Freehand was probably intended to be a sitter, and if you take the stem off, replace it with a plastic straw, and include 10 minutes of aneurism inducing patience (as I did), you may just be able pull it off. Regardless, it's still a cool piece, whether it sits or lays. This bowl isn't in the range of large-to-'ohmygod', as most of Bari's pipes tend to come, but is a fairly conservative takes on the Danish Freehand; however, a prominent inverted triangle of sandblast stabs through its smooth facade on the right side, adding some creative flourish, and a peek at the underlying ring grain.
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.8/5 Rim darkening.
- Length: 6.47 in./164.34 mm.
- Weight: 2.40 oz./68.04 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.37 in./60.20 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.95 in./49.53 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.88 in./22.35 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.82 in./46.23 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Partial Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark