Danish Estates: Svendborg Smooth Freehand with Horn Ferrule (1970s)
Product Number: 004-001-6196
Jens Tao Nielsen and Poul Ilsted Bech met each other when working together for Erik Nørding and soon found themselves not only to be close friends, but wanting to be our of Nording's shop and into business together... Svendborg Pieber was born. This stunning, rather conservative specimen (for the era) hails from the earlier years, and boasts an exceptionally graceful shaping, an eye-popping grain, as well as a very generous piece of horn at the mount.
--R. 'Bear' Graves
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.65/5 Rim darkening, plus the finish is fading in places.
- Length: 6.04 in./153.42 mm.
- Weight: 2.20 oz./62.37 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.71 in./43.43 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.39 in./35.31 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 1.03 in./26.16 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 2.12 in./53.85 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark