Danish Estates: Stanwell Colonial (56)
Product Number: 004-001-6378
The Stanwell "56", presented here in the dark walnut Colonial finish, shows a fine subtlety of form. The shank and stem, for example, though perfectly straight along their upper surfaces, have been given a slight upward turn along the lower surface. This, combined with a smooth transition, arch-typical Danish heel, and the raised position of the bit create a subconscious impression of upward lift, and a delightful buoyancy of form.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
MADE IN DENMARK
4.5/5 Minor rim darkening, plus some charring inside the chamber.
- Length: 5.93 in./150.62 mm.
- Weight: 1.20 oz./34.02 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.77 in./44.96 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.59 in./40.39 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.76 in./19.30 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.32 in./33.53 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Canadian
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark