Danish Estates: Poul Hansen Smooth Bent Egg
Product Number: 004-001-6758
Poul Hansen was a machinist who designed and repaired equipment for the various Danish pipe factories back in the 60s, who eventually decided to try his own hand at making pipes. Initially he was self-taught, but after a while went straight to Sixten Ivarsson for some proper lessons. He got them, and the results were some very lovely shapes indeed, like this smooth, graceful stretch of a long-shanked bent Egg.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
4.6/5 Some mild charring in the chamber.
- Length: 5.50 in./139.70 mm.
- Weight: 1.20 oz./34.02 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.83 in./46.48 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.40 in./35.56 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.75 in./19.05 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.51 in./38.35 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Egg
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark