Danish Estates: Ben Wade Nobel Prize Smooth Freehand (4000)
Product Number: 004-001-4593
Ben Wade pipes were made under the guidance of Preben Holm. Preben Holm was considered by many to be a driving force in this style of pipe. Unlike Sixten Ivarsson, Preben and those who worked with him did not focus on tweaking a perfect shape out of a block. Instead, they tried to utilize grain, therefore the shapes were all different. While we've had quite a few lower-number lines (200, etc), this is only the second "Nobel Prize" and is graded 4000.
Measurements & Other Details
Ben Wade (in script)
Condition: 4.7/5 Rim darkening and a few dings on the bowl.
- Length: 7.63 in./193.80 mm.
- Weight: 3.40 oz./96.39 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.34 in./59.44 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 2.03 in./51.56 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 1.00 in./25.40 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 2.31 in./58.67 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark