English Estates: Dunhill Root Briar (3135) (1986)
Product Number: 004-002-7585
Surely one of the sleekest forms in the venerable firm's lineup, this Group Three is classified as a 'Volcano' by Dunhill. You and I might think of this as a 'bent Dublin', but Dunhill defines its Dublins by a straight shank. While there are a few dings in the exterior, I had to really scrutinize the surface to see them, and this Root '3135' sports the classic English grain pattern of cross on the front and back of the bowl, and birdseye on the sides.
--R. 'Bear' Graves
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.5/5 Some rim darkening, and small dings on the bowl.
- Length: 5.41 in./137.41 mm.
- Weight: 1.40 oz./39.69 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.76 in./44.70 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.41 in./35.81 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.80 in./20.32 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.36 in./34.54 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Dublin
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: England