English Estates: Dunhill Bruyere (47) (3) (A) (1960)
Product Number: 004-002-7808
While I have little doubt that it's just me, to my way of thinking, the best aspect of the Dunhill Bruyere finish is that it will lighten over time, and when it does, usually a great grain can come out of hiding. After well over five decades of service, the ultra-deep burgundy of the Bruyere stain has morphed into a sinfully handsome, medium-deep walnut, and the crosscut and birdseye is looking mighty fine.
--R. 'Bear' Graves
Measurements & Other Details
MADE IN ENGLAND
3 (in circle)
Condition: 4.7/5 Rim darkening and some light rim chatter, plus a few dings on the bowl.
- Length: 5.12 in./130.05 mm.
- Weight: 10.00 oz./283.50 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.74 in./44.20 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.44 in./36.58 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.69 in./17.53 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.45 in./36.83 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bulldog
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: England