English Estates: Dunhill Root Briar (41241) (1979)
Product Number: 004-002-7730
Though I have related this so often that I am beginning to feel like my Grandfather, who regaled me (at least two thousand times) with the same story of how he once bought a Blue Riband from an antique store for three bucks, my very first high grade pipe was a Dunhill, and the shape was a 4124. My 4124, however, was a Shell Briar, not a root briar, and the sheer density and quality of the grain of this panel almost makes me yearn for a time machine to change the series of my first acquisition.
--R. 'Bear' Graves
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.9/5 Smoked, but rather clean.
- Length: 5.74 in./145.80 mm.
- Weight: 1.20 oz./34.02 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.64 in./41.66 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.46 in./37.08 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.70 in./17.78 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.21 in./30.73 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Panel
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: England