English Estates: Askwith Sandblasted Billiard (2013) (Unsmoked)
Product Number: 004-002-7844
Though the bulk of Chris Askwith's pipes are of fairly-to-very stout proportions, he does turn out some very fine pencil-shanked numbers as well. This straight Billiard, in case it isn't already obvious, is just such a one. And I have to say that even while paring the shank and stem's breadth down to a bare, delicate minimum, he's still done a fine job of retaining a very English-classical/Matinee idol feel to the design.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 5/5 Unsmoked.
- Length: 5.79 in./147.07 mm.
- Weight: 0.90 oz./25.51 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.68 in./42.67 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.52 in./38.61 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.78 in./19.81 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.19 in./30.23 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Billiard
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: England