English Estates: Dunhill Amber Root (5226) (2001)
Product Number: 004-002-8231
The "226" Oom Paul, or, Hungarian, from Dunhill seems to have a bit of variation from pipe to pipe. The most common rendition having a more cylindrical bowl as opposed to the plump, egg-like example we see here. The shape is great either way and makes for an ideal jaw-hanger; the deep bend and low center of gravity allow the smoker to comfortably hang the briar from the jaw, even if it is not exactly lightweight. This Amber Root keeps with the English traditions of lovely cross-cut grain orientation.
- Shane Ireland
Measurements & Other Details
MADE IN ENGLAND 01
4.9/5 Smoked, but rather clean.
- Length: 5.54 in./140.72 mm.
- Weight: 2.30 oz./65.20 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.14 in./54.36 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.97 in./50.04 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.78 in./19.81 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.56 in./39.62 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Oom Paul
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: England