English Estates: Comoy's Celebration Limited Edition with 18K Gold Band (78/1000) (1976)
Product Number: 004-002-8439
In 1976, the venerable Comoy firm set out to create a very special pipe to commemorate two august occasions: The 150th Anniversary of the company, and the Bi-Centennial of the United States of America. Banded with 18k gold, with no fills — I actually haven't even discerned a single pit yet — this imperial impressive boasts a low production number of only the 78th created, out of a total of 1000, as well as a near mint condition. This is a ton of collectible Comoy's.
R. Bear Graves
Measurements & Other Details
4.85/5 Minor rim darkening.
- Length: 6.00 in./152.40 mm.
- Weight: 1.60 oz./45.36 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.95 in./49.53 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.73 in./43.94 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.84 in./21.34 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.48 in./37.59 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Billiard
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: England