English Estates: Charatan's Make Supreme (FH) (1955- c. 1965)
Product Number: 004-002-6115
Surprisingly enough for a company that developed and marketed the heck out of a new stem design (double-comfort, double-step, dental, etc.), a heck of a lot of people sure don't like it. I can be perfectly honest and say this is one of the most comfortable I've come across due to the width. It helps to have this bit on an already lean and lovely pipe, whereas shape and panels make this stem really feel like part of the design.
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.35/5 Rim darkening and some light charring in the chamber.
- Length: 5.88 in./149.35 mm.
- Weight: 1.20 oz./34.02 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.96 in./49.78 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.75 in./44.45 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.78 in./19.81 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.42 in./36.07 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Dublin
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: England