English Estates: Comoy's Blue Riband Billiard (185B) (1950s-1960s)
Product Number: 004-002-6482
When it comes to Comoy's pipes, "Blue Riband" stamped on the shank will have collectors taking a closer look. While not the highest grade, it is nearly the highest. Difficult to come across regularly, most Blue Ribands have nice grain that is contrasted. While I have seen some in the past that should have, in my opinion, been graded lower, this Billiard is worthy of the stamp.
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.6/5 Rim darkening, plus a little bit of scraping in the bottom of the bowl.
- Length: 5.61 in./142.49 mm.
- Weight: 1.40 oz./39.69 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.86 in./47.24 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.48 in./37.59 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.75 in./19.05 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.43 in./36.32 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Billiard
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: England