English Estates: Comoy's Blue Riband Bent Billiard (214) (1950s-1979)
Product Number: 004-002-6631
When it comes to Comoy's pipes, "Blue Riband" stamped on the shank will have collectors taking a closer look. While not the highest grade, it is nearly the highest. Difficult to come across regularly, most Blue Ribands have nice grain that is contrasted. While I have seen some in the past that should have, in my opinion, been graded lower, this bent offering is worthy of the stamp and is a shape I've not encountered before.
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.8/5 Some rim darkening.
- Length: 5.07 in./128.78 mm.
- Weight: 1.60 oz./45.36 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.82 in./46.23 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.54 in./39.12 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.79 in./20.07 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.48 in./37.59 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Billiard
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: England