French Estates: Butz Choquin Caprice (1304) (Unsmoked)
Product Number: 004-003-0832
In 1304, the Battle of Mons-en-Pevele took place, which was a draw between French and Flemish militias. 1304 also marks the date Jean de Lescurel - a French poet and composer - was, shall we say - relieved of his life for acting in various ways the church did not approve of. It's possible that this 1304 is simply a shape number, and not to mark either of these occasions, but when staring at a rusticated pipe with such a vibrant raspberry stem, it's quite fun to research possible connections.
Measurements & Other Details
Butz-Choquin [in script]
Condition: 5/5 Unsmoked
- Length: 5.29 in./134.37 mm.
- Weight: 1.80 oz./51.03 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.86 in./47.24 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.54 in./39.12 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.74 in./18.80 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.41 in./35.81 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Billiard
- Finish: Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: France