French Estates: Courrieu Cogolin Vieille Bruyere Freehand with Horn
Product Number: 004-003-1058
Courrieu is, from what I can gather, a family marque from the Cote d'Azur, passed down from father to son since 1802. You don't see a lot of hand-made, small workshop briars coming out of France these days, making this plateau-rimmed, flame-grained, and horn-mounted number quite an unusual find.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.6/5 Minor rim darkening, plus dings around the bowl.
- Length: 5.88 in./149.35 mm.
- Weight: 1.80 oz./51.03 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.89 in./48.01 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.53 in./38.86 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.86 in./21.84 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.86 in./47.24 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Dublin
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: France