French Estates: John Surry Ltd. Oil Flame Smooth Lovat
Product Number: 004-003-1073
I see one of two possibilities here. Either this pipe was made for the John Surrey brand in France, and incorrectly stamped, or someone in France was making John Surrey knock-offs. ("Might I interest you in a fine Ralex watch?", etc.) I'm guessing the former, given the extra work/expense put into a high-gloss, smoked-rim finish and all.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
OIL - FLAME
JOHN SURRY LTD
Condition: 4.65/5 Rim darkening and some blistering finish on the rim.
- Length: 4.93 in./125.22 mm.
- Weight: 1.20 oz./34.02 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.74 in./44.20 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.49 in./37.85 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.74 in./18.80 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.30 in./33.02 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Lovat
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: France