French Estates: Butz-Choquin Daccord Smooth Bent Egg (1565)
Product Number: 004-003-0827
Keeping with my tradition of finding facts surrounding the number stamp on Butz-Choquin pipes (to which a great many seem to be French accomplishments), I doubt the year 1565 has the same significance. You see, the Spanish founded St.Augustine, Florida this year, which meant the French inhabitants under Jean Ribault were set afloat. Perhaps this smooth Daccord marks the birth of French writer Marie de Gournay.
Measurements & Other Details
Butz-Choquin [in script]
Condition: 4.7/5 Mild rim darkening and faint scratches on the bowl.
- Length: 5.42 in./137.67 mm.
- Weight: 1.90 oz./53.86 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.00 in./50.80 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.61 in./40.89 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.78 in./19.81 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.56 in./39.62 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Egg
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: France