Italian Estates: Mario Grandi Partially Sandblasted Apple with Bamboo
Product Number: 004-006-8852
The overall shaping of this Mario Grandi strikes me as rather closer to the Japanese style than the Italian, though it's Italian-ness is made much clearer in the arrangement of the bamboo extension: it's fixed to the stem, not the shank, a configuration Italian artisans just prefer. To make things even more eclectic, the briar's been sandblasted in the kind of deep, extra-craggy manner more typically associated with old English pipes.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Fatta in italia
Condition: 4.5/5 Some rim darkening and minor charring in the chamber.
- Length: 7.25 in./184.15 mm.
- Weight: 1.80 oz./51.03 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.82 in./46.23 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.61 in./40.89 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.82 in./20.83 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.57 in./39.88 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Apple
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Italy