Japanese Estates: Smio Satou Smooth Bent Apple
Product Number: 004-007-0498
Though sporting a quick, dramatic flourish at the rim, this Smiou Satou is overall a compact, shapely design, as every bit as substantial as it soft and smooth. In that, it's rather like a Japanese-artisanal equivalent of the classic Author, for despite its creative elements, graceful flow, and the sublime grain that we typically expect from Satou, it still offers that particular sort of "comfort pipe" presence in hand that the traditional Author shape is known for.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.8/5 Rim darkening.
- Length: 4.86 in./123.44 mm.
- Weight: 1.90 oz./53.86 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.61 in./40.89 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 0.99 in./25.15 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.74 in./18.80 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.68 in./42.67 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Apple
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan