Japanese Estates: Ichi Kitahara Sandblasted Acorn with Bamboo (2013)
Product Number: 004-007-0541
This is one of Ichi Kitahara's simpler designs - no flaring or flourishing, or undulating, ultra-fine rim-edges here - and that's just fine. Sometimes simple is good, if it's handled right, and Ichi knows how to handle it right indeed, producing an elegant, featherweight little bamboo-stemmed Acorn packed with ring grain, plenty of chamber, and a dark, naturalistic style.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.5/5 A soft spot in the chamber slightly gouged.
- Length: 5.32 in./135.13 mm.
- Weight: 0.80 oz./22.68 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.72 in./43.69 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.42 in./36.07 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.75 in./19.05 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.36 in./34.54 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Acorn/Pear
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan