Japanese Estates: Ichi Kitahara Smooth Freehand with Bamboo (2013)
Product Number: 004-007-0571
There's something quite organic about this piece. From the whirlpool-like ridging along the bowl, to the three-knuckle darkened bamboo shank, to a slightly bent vulcanite stem, it's a remarkably balanced, natural composition. Rather Japanese in style, the bowl's a perfect shape for a bit of folded flake or, of course, a pinch of traditional Japanese fine-shag tobacco. Either way, it's a lovely, yet exotic aesthetic - perfect to add to your collection.
- Andrew Wike
Measurements & Other Details
4.85/5 Minor rim darkening.
- Length: 6.18 in./156.97 mm.
- Weight: 0.90 oz./25.51 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.31 in./33.27 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.15 in./29.21 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.76 in./19.30 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.42 in./36.07 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan