Misc. Estates: Malta Billiard with Carved Grapes
Product Number: 004-008-1447
This is the first example I've ever come across of a briar that was made in Malta, which I suppose isn't really a surprise, given that Malta is one of the smallest sovereign states in the world, an island nation which, despite its diminutive physical footprint, possesses a history that can be traced back to the oldest free-standing structures in the world. Fitting to its Mediterranean origins, this pipe sports comprehensive grape-and-vine relief carving across bowl and shank alike.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.8/5 Rim darkening.
- Length: 5.54 in./140.72 mm.
- Weight: 1.00 oz./28.35 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.82 in./46.23 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.60 in./40.64 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.75 in./19.05 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.28 in./32.51 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Billiard
- Finish: Carved
- Material: Briar
- Country: Other