Misc. Estates: Amphora X-tra Sandblasted Bent Acorn (732)
Product Number: 004-008-1807
One of the many offshoot brands of Elbert Gubbels & Sons (or the Royal Dutch Pipe Factory), I originally assumed this pipe to be modeled after an actual amphora, which is a type of ceramic vase distinguishable for having a long, slender neck narrower than that of its body. It could have vaguely been acceptable, judging from its tapered base and broad midsection, but I'm not one to consciously mislead. No, actually the pipe is a classic design, deep in chamber, great in hand, and very light.
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.8/5 Rim darkening.
- Length: 5.46 in./138.68 mm.
- Weight: 1.00 oz./28.35 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.99 in./50.55 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.41 in./35.81 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.72 in./18.29 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.24 in./31.50 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Acorn/Pear
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Holland