Turkish Estates: Unknown Meerschaum Claw Holding Egg (with Case)
Product Number: 004-008-2086
Meerschaum, to me, is a material that is most potent when it pushes the extremes of design, whether elaborately carved in an ornamental, Victorian-esque forests of choking vines and anthropomorphic Greek deities, a deliciously minimalistic, smoothly formed piece, or the classic "Claw Holding Egg" configuration, like the one you see before you.
Measurements & Other Details
no stamping indicated
4.7/5 Significant darkening of the chamber, plus some coloring of the rim surface.
- Length: 6.11 in./155.19 mm.
- Weight: 2.70 oz./76.54 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.16 in./54.86 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.72 in./43.69 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.73 in./18.54 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 2.23 in./56.64 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Carved
- Material: Meerschaum
- Country: Turkey