Misc. Estates: Peter Matzhold Smooth Freehand (1 D)
Product Number: 004-008-1991
Lovely graining, smooth, Danish-esque lines and form, but with a more firm and controlled execution, and excellent drilling and stem-work; yeah, this is pretty much par for the course, for a Matzhold. While the whole is certainly attractive to the eye, I have to confess that really caught my attention in this piece was its poise and balance as a sitter.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.75/5 A scorch mark from a lighter on the rim surface.
- Length: 6.31 in./160.27 mm.
- Weight: 2.10 oz./59.53 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.93 in./49.02 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.53 in./38.86 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.74 in./18.80 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.67 in./42.42 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Austria