Misc. Estates: Michal Novak Smooth Freehand (Unsmoked)
Product Number: 004-008-2130
Sometimes the shape underlying a Novak creation is pretty conservative; other times, not so much. This is definitely falling under the latter, as Michal presents a bent Dublin that's about 80% bowl - towering, deep, stout-walled bowl. And yet for all its height and mass, as far as dynamism goes this Dublin bowl has no difficulty in keeping up with the artisan's signature flying edges, which sweep forth from the stem and transition in complement to the dark-finished briar's foundation gesture.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
(pipe maker's stamp)
- Length: 6.50 in./165.10 mm.
- Weight: 4.30 oz./121.90 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.78 in./70.61 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 2.32 in./58.93 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.85 in./21.59 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.90 in./48.26 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Czech Republic