Turkish Estates: M-Bassav Meerschaum Come-Hither-Eyes Medusa (with Case)
Product Number: 004-653-0005
In ancient myth, the Gorgons were hideous, able to turn a man to stone with a glance; in art, however, they've for centuries been lent fair faces, albeit while maintaining permanently bad hair and sometimes not-entirely-human figures. I suppose the idea is to create a more captivating work, as well as suggest a reason
why one would be tempted to even try and steal a glance at Medusa or one of her sisters. In the case of this M-Bassav carving, Medusa, the youngest, lone mortal, and most famous of the Gorgon Three is rendered in a particularly comely style, especially in the enigmatic expression of her ey
- Eric N. Squires (1979-2014), Calcified under Mysterious Circumstances
Measurements & Other Details
4.8/5 Starting to color.
- Length: 6.50 in./165.10 mm.
- Weight: 2.50 oz./70.87 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.66 in./67.56 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.99 in./50.55 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.84 in./21.34 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.80 in./45.72 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Carved
- Material: Meerschaum
- Country: Turkey