American Estates: J. Powell Smooth Freehand (1976) (©1975) (160)
Product Number: 004-009-5249
Mahogony is best known for its use in cabinetry, ship-building, and musical instruments, but J. Powell evidently felt like seeing just what kind of pipe could be made out of it as well. The result is interesting, wonderfully smooth in design, finish, and, most conspicuously different from briar, grain.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
j Powell 1976 c(in circle)1975
Condition: 4.35/5 Some uneven reaming in the chamber.
- Length: 6.51 in./165.35 mm.
- Weight: 3.10 oz./87.88 g.
- Bowl Height: 3.17 in./80.52 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 2.34 in./59.44 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 1.05 in./26.67 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.75 in./44.45 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Other
- Country: United States