American Estates: Jody Davis Friar Tomato with Mastodon Ivory (C) (36) (2008)
Product Number: 004-009-5143
As far as shaping and finish goes, this is a robust and earthy rendition of a very stout tomato, with a densely-packed, rolling ring grain emphasizing the shape's sense of mass. That having been said, Jody then turns completely around and accents the whole thing with a pale, perfectly smooth ring if ivory and an exceptionally fine little cumberland stem, setting up a contrast that gives the pipe as a whole a good bit of extra pop.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.85/5 Some rim darkening.
- Length: 5.15 in./130.81 mm.
- Weight: 1.90 oz./53.86 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.41 in./35.81 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 0.99 in./25.15 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.82 in./20.83 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.87 in./47.50 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Tomato
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States