American Estates: Kaywoodie Syncro-Lok Super Grain (33)
Product Number: 004-009-5579
The Syncro-Lok, a metal, threaded tenon and mortise system, originates from the 1930s, though the "Syncro-Lok Super Grain" line was, from I've gathered, something that came out in the late '60s. I don't know when they stopped making them, but however old this one may or may not be, it appears to have been pretty well taken care - and the grain is indeed pretty "super".
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
SUPER GRAIN ®
Condition: 4.7/5 Minor rim darkening, plus some stubborn oxidation on the stem.
- Length: 5.56 in./141.22 mm.
- Weight: 1.30 oz./36.85 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.65 in./41.91 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.44 in./36.58 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.80 in./20.32 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.47 in./37.34 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: other
- Shape: Apple
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States