American Estates: Unknown Smooth Freehand (50)
Product Number: 004-009-5960
The rush to emulate the Danish fancy style produced during the 1970s and early 80s a lot of pipes I might gently refer to as "ill advised". This one, however, is actually pretty cool. The complex, organic shell-within-a-shell form of the bowl could pass as the prototype of a modern, high-end Danish freehand, and the grain is really quite nice.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.75/5 Minor rim darkening, plus small dings about the bowl.
- Length: 6.94 in./176.28 mm.
- Weight: 2.60 oz./73.71 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.70 in./68.58 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.99 in./50.55 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.94 in./23.88 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.91 in./48.51 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States