American Estates: Aaron Beck Custom Made Smooth Bulldog
Product Number: 004-009-5895
Thanks to the wonders of the internet, I found out that Aaron Beck was making pipes in Queens, New York in the 1950s and produced pipes until his death in 1984. While I have only seen a few, most do have accents sandwiched on the stem and/or shank. This Bulldog features an amazing sense of modernism, given the era, as well as a reverse tenon.
Measurements & Other Details
A. Beck (in script)
Condition: 4.75/5 Rim darkening, plus a few shallow scratches on the rim surface.
- Length: 5.83 in./148.08 mm.
- Weight: 1.40 oz./39.69 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.77 in./44.96 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.47 in./37.34 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.84 in./21.34 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.56 in./39.62 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bulldog
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States