American Estates: Kaywoodie Drinkless Smooth Zulu (7701) (pre-1950)
Product Number: 004-009-6182
I like Zulus, and while the languid downward turn of stem that's typically part of the Zulu package is a big part of the reason why I like them, I still have to say this straighter Kaywoodie version is pretty likable too. Trim and smooth, it's a shape that cuts a smart, streamlined profile; all dynamic, as opposed to the more general Zulu theme of rushing headlong at one end, feeling pretty limber and lazy at the other.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
4.5/5 Rim darkening, plus some slight charring inside the chamber.
- Length: 5.71 in./145.03 mm.
- Weight: 1.00 oz./28.35 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.67 in./42.42 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.46 in./37.08 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.71 in./18.03 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.19 in./30.23 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: other
- Shape: Zulu
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States