American Estates: Todd Johnson Sandblasted Tomato with Bamboo and Horn Ring (AT5) (2004)
Product Number: 004-009-6117
Though quite broad at the bowl, this Todd Johnson Tomato proves very light, and it's easy to see why. Between the bamboo shank, deep blast, and wide chamber, there's a lot of "added lightness" to this briar. A lot of texture too, and of course those who favor more complex or Latakia blends will get more out of those extra over-square chamber proportions.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
TODD M(arched, inside oval)
JOHNSON(arched, inside oval)
4.65/5 Minor rim darkening, plus the bamboo is rather dirty.
- Length: 6.41 in./162.81 mm.
- Weight: 1.00 oz./28.35 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.34 in./34.04 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.05 in./26.67 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.94 in./23.88 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.75 in./44.45 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Tomato
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States