American Estates: Kaywoodie Super Grain (14) (1938-1972)
Product Number: 004-009-5157
Kaywoodie's naming conventions may have seen to it that a briar of this particular finish wound up being called a "Super Grain", but words alone don't make it so. Truth is, this is probably the most grain-less briar I've ever seen. However
, it is a nice, easy-flowing design, and one with a good bit of substance as well.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Super Grain (in script)
Condition: 4.6/5 Minor rim darkening and fine scratches and dings around the bowl.
- Length: 4.71 in./119.63 mm.
- Weight: 1.30 oz./36.85 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.80 in./45.72 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.53 in./38.86 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.78 in./19.81 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.43 in./36.32 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Billiard
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States