American Estates: Rad Davis Sandblasted Freehand Sitter with Tuskanite Stem
Product Number: 004-009-5161
Tuskanite, the material Rad chose for the stem of this piece, offers the softer feel of vulcanite, but without the elements that allow vulcanite to oxidize with exposure. In short, it offers the best features of both vulcanite and acrylic. It also happens to offer a mellow ivory color, which works quite well when shaped with such easy flow as it is here, and set up as a contrast against a fine burnt umber-hued sandblast.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.8/5 Rim darkening.
- Length: 6.55 in./166.37 mm.
- Weight: 2.90 oz./82.21 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.81 in./71.37 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.79 in./45.47 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.80 in./20.32 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 2.07 in./52.58 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States