G. Batson: Sandblasted Bent Brandy with Spalted Maple (132) (2013)
Product Number: 002-568-0011
This is both one of Grant's smaller creations, and one of his simpler designs; a pocket-sized bent Brandy of (relatively) conservative form. Still, that doesn't stop him from making it as painfully beautiful as possible, incredibly detailed sandblast, subtle, dusky, warm auburn contrast stain, striking spalted maple accent, and lyrically flowing gesture and line in all. To that I say: Good for him, and a good lesson to us all.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 4.75 in./120.65 mm.
- Weight: 0.90 oz./25.51 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.65 in./41.91 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.50 in./38.10 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.71 in./18.03 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.43 in./36.32 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Brandy
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States