Genod: Smooth Orange Contrast (14) (2B)
Product Number: 002-628-0062
When writing on the subject of Maigurs Knets, I've often pointed out how curious it was that, back during the heyday of Art Nouveaux (the movement that is a very big influence on Maigurs's pipe designs), Art Nouveaux aesthetics seemed to have been used in creating every imaginable object, from architectural structures to hair-pins... but not pipes. Looking at the lines and form of this Genod design, and considering how much of Genod's shaping is drawn from French-school pipes of old, I can't but wonder if I was mistaken after all.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.45 in./138.43 mm.
- Weight: 1.00 oz./28.35 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.73 in./43.94 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.60 in./40.64 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.73 in./18.54 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.33 in./33.78 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Acorn/Pear
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: France