Grechukhin: Partially Sandblasted Bent Apple
Product Number: 002-497-0052
As much as the perfectly smooth pipe is idealized, a partial sandblast can make for one artful presentation. Such is the case here, where Vladimir Grechukhin has paired a ring-grained bulb of a bowl to a smooth, arching blade of a smooth-polished shank; and the same time a jet-black, textured surface to a burnt orange and black bengal stain. The result is a wonderful concoction of complementing contrasts, both in form and palette.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 4.69 in./119.13 mm.
- Weight: 1.20 oz./34.02 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.58 in./40.13 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.33 in./33.78 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.75 in./19.05 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.61 in./40.89 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Apple
- Finish: Partial Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Russia