Jacono: Knight Lovat (Checkmate)
Product Number: 002-616-0006
The "Checkmate" designation is Tonino's little way of letting you know that you are looking at a good-sized pipe, and, at roughly 6.7" long and a bowl that sports a height of 2.26"; this pipe is generous, but not quite as over-sized as some Checkmates that I have run across. The overall shaping reminds me a bit of Claudio Cavicchi: definitely Italian, but not hand-in-glove with any specific school. Then again, given that Jacono entered professional pipe making a bit ahead of Cavicchi, perhaps I should say Claudio's Lovats remind me of Tonino's.
--R. 'Bear' Graves
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 6.70 in./170.18 mm.
- Weight: 2.20 oz./62.37 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.26 in./57.40 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.97 in./50.04 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.80 in./20.32 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.57 in./39.88 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Lovat
- Finish: Rusticated
- Material: Briar
- Country: Italy