Ichi Kitahara: Smooth Dublin with Boxwood
Product Number: 002-340-0087
Though the sweep of the flaring shank and the urgent jut of the rim's leading edge do make for quite a silhouette, this is, overall, one of Ichi's simpler, sleeker designs. The real decoration here appears to be that done by nature itself, in the form of the briar's dramatic grain. Energetic flame grain, fiery 3/4 grain, and some of the most tightly packed birdseye I've ever seen cover this bengal-finished briar very nearly in its entirety, from flank to flank and end to end.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.72 in./145.29 mm.
- Weight: 1.80 oz./51.03 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.70 in./43.18 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.35 in./34.29 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.74 in./18.80 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.93 in./49.02 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Dublin
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan