Ichi Kitahara: Smooth Freehand with Bamboo
Product Number: 002-340-0091
Though a very light and fine-boned little number, this Kitahara freehand still presents a fair bit of boldness of profile in the short, sturdy form and sweeping lines of the bowl's design. To my eye at least, this works well as a confident anchor for the organic asymmetry of the overall design, which is found not just in the cross-section of the rim and upper bowl, but also through the fine transition and shank, and all the way down the length of the dusky bamboo.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 6.28 in./159.51 mm.
- Weight: 0.90 oz./25.51 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.32 in./33.53 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.17 in./29.72 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.73 in./18.54 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.44 in./36.58 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan