Ichi Kitahara: Smooth Apple with Bamboo
Product Number: 002-340-0093
Ichi Kitahara does some really wild stuff, pipe-design wise. He also does some superb, simple classics as well, which is just what we find here, in the form of light, handy, fine little straight Apple. The bowl is a perfectly plump package - compact, but not too small, the transition is trim and defined, but not too delicate, and the pale bamboo is simply beautiful. And then there's the grain, of course, which in terms of both flame and birdseye, is fine, copious, and skillfully brought to life through a strong, warm contrast stain.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.40 in./137.16 mm.
- Weight: 1.10 oz./31.18 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.52 in./38.61 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.24 in./31.50 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.73 in./18.54 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.45 in./36.83 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Apple
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan