Ichi Kitahara: Smooth Bent Dublin with Bamboo
Product Number: 002-340-0099
Ichi Kitahara seems to have a thing for waves - he has an entire shape, the "Wave", naturally, dedicated to waviness, and here even the bent Dublin gets a good dose of forward-rushing and undulating flourish, through a swept-back bowl form down below and a counterpointing, gently rolling line defining the rim. It's a lovely bit of shaping, I say, and as luck would have it, the briar cooperated with it just beautifully, and fittingly, producing fans of flame grain along the flanks and a mellow, cloudy freckling of birdseye up top.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.84 in./148.34 mm.
- Weight: 1.40 oz./39.69 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.89 in./48.01 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.52 in./38.61 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.70 in./17.78 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.66 in./42.16 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Bent Dublin
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan