Ichi Kitahara: Smooth Wave
Product Number: 002-340-0118
From ‘Breaking’ (plunging/spilling) to ‘Kelvin’ right on to ‘Tsunami’, there are 15 official oceanic wave classifications (You’ll thank me, should you ever find yourself on “Jeopardy”). Given the delightful breadth of nuances we have observed in Ichi’s executions of his signature shape, the number of sub classifications of his “Name” (jap: ‘Wave’)
may well have outstripped the NOOA groupings by now. One element which has the most profound effect on the voice of a Name
is the yose-nami
- the actual movement/rise/fall of the wave. ”Read Bear’s Japanese briar descriptions! Learn pointedly useless Japanese words/phrases!! Impress your non-Japanese speaking friends and bewilder Japanese visitors!!!
--R. ‘Bear’ Graves
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 4.96 in./125.98 mm.
- Weight: 1.40 oz./39.69 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.00 in./50.80 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.59 in./40.39 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.75 in./19.05 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.69 in./42.93 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan