Nording: Smooth Freehand Sitter (13)
Product Number: 002-508-1336
One can easily distinguish this as a Nording because of the paneled, asymmetrical bowl, and deep, roomy chamber. This Smooth Freehand Sitter is a primary example of Nording's signature freehand shaping: improvisational and wild in the Danish "Fancy" school style. As a pipe maker, however, Erik Nording refuses to be pigeonholed, churning out matchless versions of the an underlying Dublin shape, this particular example displaying a strikingly vertical shank orientation and a profoundly gorgeously deep, extremely vibrant stain.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.35 in./135.89 mm.
- Weight: 2.00 oz./56.70 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.09 in./53.09 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.71 in./43.43 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.82 in./20.83 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.84 in./46.74 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Freehand
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark