Nording: Virgin Grain Freehand Churchwarden (2)
Product Number: 002-508-1518
What began as a block of briar soon became stummel, and then to a Dublin, followed by a Freehand, and finally a Churchwarden; such is the mind of Erik Nording. Besides its visionary design, what I find really nice on mostly all of this pipe maker's designs, is the hint of plateau on the rim--which I tend to think of as "pedal wilt" when combined with Nording's often floral rim designs--that adds just a touch a melancholy and depth to an otherwise dapper piece.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 10.71 in./272.03 mm.
- Weight: 1.90 oz./53.86 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.08 in./52.83 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.68 in./42.67 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.86 in./21.84 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.66 in./42.16 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Churchwarden
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Denmark